? ??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Lo
g in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Finally Feeling Festive

There's nothing like being stuck inside from a good old fashioned New England Storm to get you in the Christmas spirit.

Well, not really - but seeing as there's nothing else to do, we might as well try to be merry, right?

Last week I took the boys to see Santa - and I'm proud to say it wasn't a disaster! I was honestly expecting to get one of those typical screaming-child Santa pictures. But both boys were in semi-good spirits, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the results. Justin wasn't too sure of what to do with this strange man that looked like Papa Lou (or neighbor), and Jake was totally hesitant until Santa bribed him with chocolate.

Steve and Jake just finished putting the tree up in the living room - and I'll be getting the ornaments out shortly. Obviously, the plastic ones will be on the bottom! Just keep your fingers crossed that any one of the little curious creatures in this house do not pull the tree down!

This morning was sugar central in our house. I finished up the last of the candies I've been making for gifts. Over the past week I've made over 100 chocolate covered cherries (half plain, half soaked in rum) - about 80 chocolate peanut butter balls - and about 60 Oreo snowballs. This morning I justified to myself that the peanut butter balls were, in fact, an acceptable breakfast food - yeah, there's protein in the form of the peanut butter, but the mere presence of the Rice Krispies made the argument totally in my favor!

Shortly, I'll be packaging up the goodies for the Missouri family so Steve can send them out tomorrow. And I hope to get the Christmas cards done today as well. I've still got a few more presents to get, but no worries. It's not a Christmas for me unless something is done last minute!!

2 comments:

Paul, Katie and Rachel Milheiro said...

Great pic of the boys!

Yep, it's starting to feel like the holidays. Kate and I took advantage of the weather to finally put up our ornaments. We brought home the tree two weeks ago and immediately strung up the lights, but things have been busy since.

Snow is a lot more fun when you're skiing, or 5 years old...

Jen said...

Santa always scared the crap out of me when I was a kid...and maybe he still does a little...but if he gave me chocolate, I'd feel better too.