? ??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Lo
g in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, December 13, 2008

I wanted to take a break from the regularly scheduled programming to be a bit more serious for a moment. I usually try to keep things light-hearted and positive here, but things aren't always what they seem.

For the past few months, I've been fighting a losing battle with depression. I'm not talking the "gee...things are kinda rough right now but it'll get better" depression. I mean the type that makes you feel hopeless, empty. The type where nothing helps you feel better. The type that no one else but you seems to understand. I cannot push forward and hope it goes away - because it's not that easy. I cannot find the root cause for the depression - because it's not that easy. And I cannot hide it anymore - because it's not that easy.

I found myself in a dark place a few weeks ago - darker than I'd ever imagined. Empty and cold and hopeless and numb. I guess that was about as close to hitting "rock bottom" as I'd ever want to get - and since that time, I've tried my damnedest to get better. I've made changes in my life - not just in the daily stuff, but also in my mindset. The struggles I'd been having with Jakers and his behavior have gotten less. I try to end each day reminding myself of the gifts I have. Yet I'm still in a funk. I've got 2 beautiful little boys. I have a husband who works his tail off. I have a warm house, a good car, plenty of food in my cabinets - even 2insane cats to snuggle at the foot of my bed. But this devil called "depression" has made it's way into my head - and seems quite comfortable there.

I guess my point in writing this is to reach out to ya'll - without actually having to come out and say it. I'm not asking for help - I'm asking for understanding. If I've been abesnt in my friendship and communication, it's not because of anything other than myself. No one wants to admit they have any sort of "mental illness" - especially me. So it's been easier for me to just back away into the corner and hide than have to put up a false front, never mind share my mind with others. I hope one day soon to be able to see the sunshine in every day - all the time.

4 comments:

Jodey said...

Hey - you WILL see the sunshine. Know why? Because you WANT it. I've been where you are...it's not a fun place to be. It's a long, hard climb to get out of that hole. But if you want it badly enough, which you do; and are willing to do what it takes to climb to the top, which you are; then you can beat this.

If the meds aren't working, get new ones. If the people aren't working, make them. But I KNOW you can do this.

Just remember you have lots of support around you - me, Mom, Sue, and lots of people who love you too, who I don't know.

Love ya lady.

Dizzy Vizzy said...

Hugs to you!! I know that they aren't a cure all, but they remind you that there are many people who care about you. And those of us who do not hold a degree in how to help you recommend that you talk to those that are licensed to do so - they can help!!

Chele76 said...

(((hug)))

It does get better, and it will!

Me said...

Oh I understand, yes I do. Depression sucks so much and nothing about it is simple or straight forward. If you ever need someone to just listen, please let me know. I've been there so please call or email or text anytime you need.