? ??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Lo
g in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Where's the hot water?

Some of you may remember this time last year... I'm umpteen weeks pregnant and miserable - and our water pump goes... well - here I am, same time, a year later, calling the same plumber (only I'm not pregnant!).
Rewind to last week - when I got back from my overnight stay at mom and dad's after my face plant, I smelled this odd fishy/electrical/general icky smell downstairs. Well, I mopped and swept and vac'd and cleaned everything I could find - the smell got better, but was still there. No biggie though - I figured it was most likely the cat box (she's had a bladder infection).
This morning, Steve does some routine maintenace on the hot water heater. In the process of doing so, he finds the source of the smell - the electrical wire leading into the hot water heater! So I call an electrician - he can come monday, but suggests we keep an eye on the tank just to be careful. Just as a precaution, Steve decided to kill the power to the heater while we took our first expedition to the bowling alley (more on that later). And it's a good thing he did - when we came back, he checked it out a little further - only to find the tank had been leaking on the circut panel thing! The insulation and plastic cover were FRIED. Black, charred, and crispy. I can only assume that if we had left the power going to it, we'd have come back to an electrical fire.
Needless to say, we passed on the electrician and went right to the plumber. He was pretty adamant about keeping the power off to the heater - and there's no argument from us! It's pretty dang inconvenient not having hot water, but I'd rather try to figure out how to get Justin and Jake to sit still for bird baths than trying to gather the remnants of a burnt out house. Hopefully their schedule will hold up - we're on the docket for first thing Monday morning for a new hot water heater.
Guess what we're doing with our tax return....

0 comments: