? ??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Lo
g in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Sprang

Mother Nature has been teasing us with some really nice spring weather - after a relatively mild winter, it's still a treat to have the warm sunshine during the day. However, being that we are in New England, I know it won't be long before a freak late-spring cold snap hits. So Jakers and I decided to try to spring some spring to enjoy all the time.

When I went to the Mill Stores to get Justin's toybox, I picked up a new birdhouse. We had one in our front tree - but it was so old and rotted that it fell to bits when Steve was trimming branches. Now we have a new one - ready for a new bird family! Every morning we can peek out the window to see if there are any residents. So far it's still empty - Jake insisted we put a snack in there for the birds to make them want to come home. We'll see how it works!

A few weeks ago I felt a weird twitch on my hand - and discovered it was the start of a little green thumb! It started with some clippings of my monster jade plant. The thing is massive - I got it when I started working at UConn, and it's taken on a life of its own. But it's a beautiful plant - and I hope to share it with others. Hopefully these little clippings will root!

The green thumb continued to some projects with Jake. First we made a "Tato Head" planter - I scooped out the top of a potato, which Jake then decorated with the parts of his Mr. PotatoHead. I added some potting soil, some grass seed, water, and POOF! A few days later Tato Head had some hair.

Once Tato Head was resting quietly in the front window, we moved on to some flowers. I thought it would be nice to show Jake how plants start as seeds - then grow into little sprouts that can be planted in the gound. I let him pick out what seeds he wanted - after much deliberation, we left Home Depot with packets of marigolds and hummingbird flowers. It's taken a bit of work on my part to actually remember to water the little pots - but as you can see, we're on our way to some pretty decent flowers!

0 comments: