? ??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Lo
g in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, February 27, 2009

Morning wake up call

This morning started off as any typical morning does - the boys wake up much earlier than I'm ready for, and start the day on fire. They're non-stop from start to finish - while I need time to warm up and wind down. Makes for some interesting breakfasts...

Anyway, the boys and I were nibbling breakfast in my bedroom, watching a bit of TV, when Justin decided to crawl under my bed. That alone amazed me, since I wasn't aware there was any breathable space under there! But he wiggled out, pulling a storage box of pictures with him. When the novelty of the box wore off and he went back to being Justin, I quickly rummaged through the box. There were some fantastic pictures in there - I even found the envelope of pictures that were used to make our wedding video!

But the thing that woke me up was in this silver photo album, engraved with the words of our wedding invitation, that was given to us by The Gang. It's filled with all the pictures taken with the disposable cameras we had on each table. As I looked through the pages, I marveled at it all. We had so many people there - so many people who love and care for us. So many people who were having fun celebrating the special day. Then the reality hit - - - of how things have changed over the last 10 years. There were so many faces that aren't around anymore - - - some have moved on to bigger and better things, some we've lost touch with. Some that have passed on - Nana, Auntie Vi, Diaz. What impacted me the most was how many marriages have fallen apart. On a quick glance I counted 5 couples that have since been divorced. I know there are a few more couples in our lives that weren't pictured that have also gone their seperate ways. It really made me think about my life - about where things stand, and where things need to be. About what's really important.

Things have been kinda rough lately - but it's all getting better. I hope as the little things fall into place, the bigger things will start to follow (or at least be a bit easier to put into place). Life isn't something that can be thrown away like trash, put on a shelf like a book - life is something that needs to be lived, and lived in the best way possible. I think I realize that now - and I think I want that now.

3 comments:

Me said...

Life is hard and full of ups and downs. Goodness knows we both know this. I'm so so sorry I haven't been in better touch- its amazing what a full time job does to you, I have no free time. We should text more, honestly- I want to know whats going on with your life and with your boys. Please remember you are an amazing woman, I couldn't think of a better Mom or wife. Remember to take some time for yourself and remember that there are so many people who care about you.

Unknown said...

Little Angels work in mysterious ways. Some might say that I'm weird but I think someone whispered into Justin's ear and told him to go under your bed. Sometimes we need to stop and look at the pictures or smell the flowers to realize what the important things are in our life, and how far we have come, what has changed, or stayed the same. I'm glad to say that I'm in those pictures and I hope to be in your pictures and you in mine for a good long time. Love you lots!
Luv, me

Dizzy Vizzy said...

The moments of clarity catch us off guard, but they show up when we need them most. Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is blatantly obvious, sometimes it takes a few years to understand why what happened had to happen.