? ??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Lo
g in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sweet Baby T

So some of ya'll know I think incredibly highly of my neighbors S & L. They have 14 kids between the 2 of them - some biological, but mostly foster children. Usually with highly complicated medical needs. Since they've been my neighbors, they've adopted little Miss M - Jake's bestest friend. And this past year, they adopted V & B - twin brothers who started off with the cards stacked against them. Today, Miss M is a silly little 6 year old who is Jake's partner in crime - - - and V & B are thriving 2 year olds... when they were never expected to come home.

This past winter, sweet baby T came to join the family. I don't know his whole story - but suffice it to say he was premature - with a lot of complications even before he entered the world. I have only had the chance to see his sweet face twice -but that mommy gene in me just reached out to him. Having 2 very active little men, it's so comforting to be able to hold a sweet, round-faced little cherub who just looks at you and coos.

Unfortunately, sweet baby T is having a rough time. He had been battling some respiratory illness for a few weeks - which resulted in RSV. Last weekend he was admitted to CCMC and put on a ventilator. Over the past week there were some ups and downs - - last I talked to S&L, all was on an up. So when I saw everyone home this afternoon, I felt optimistic that the wee one was doing well. Not the case.

Seems as if he not only is battling the RSV, but has staph and strep infections in both his lungs and bloodstream. He had to be placed back on the ventilator - and has been given yet another dose of a highly-powerful antibiotic. S is a strong woman - and today, I heard fear in her voice. Even though he's "just" a foster child, I know there is tremendous love for this little man - -- I can only pray he pulls through...

After a day like today - when Jakers and Justin made me nuts with their kidlieness - - - I'm so thankful that they *can* make me nuts. Even though they made a total disaster of Jake's room, I'm so thankful that they had fun together - so much so that their screaming made the cats go crazy! Justin's tummy troubles with milk may be stressful in my world, but I know that I'm lucky he eats like he does. I guess one just has to look at what one has, and be glad...

0 comments: