? ??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Lo
g in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Why I love them - part 1

There are times when being a stay at home mom is total torture - cruel and unusual punishment. But there are times - more often than not - that I take such joy in my boys. Everyone told me it would get easier - and while each day brings a new challenge, it is, in a sense, getting easier.

I've decided that the best way to survive is to focus on the positive - so I'm starting a new "series" of little anecdotes - that I'm going to call "Why I love them". Hope you enjoy!

So to start... some recent little sillies from the boys...

Justin has his own language. He is talking a lot more - although for someone who doesn't know what he's saying, it sounds like gibberish. But his favorite phrase seems to be "YAYA! Doo-een? Det dow... Det down... Yaya - doo-een??" In English, that's "Nala! What are you doing? Get down! Get down! Nala! What are you doing?" His favorite show is "Tine-tine" (Little Einsteins) - his favorite things are his "nie-nee" and "nie-nah" (blanket and binkie). He loves to splash in the "tubby" with his big "buddah", read "boohs", play with "cais" on the race track and kick "blalls" in the yard.

Jake has discovered nutrition (yay!) I guess they did a segment in school on healthy eating and the food pyramid. He was always a bit of a picky eater, but I'm finding it a little easier to get him to try (and enjoy) new things. And as usual, he has to do it in his own special Jacob way. He can't ask for breakfast, or a snack - he has to ask for the particular nutrient. "Mom, I want some protein." "I don't want dairy, I want fiber!" "I had enough bread, I need milk." It cracks me up! But it has made things a little easier for me - if there's something I'm trying to convince him to eat, I emphasize the nutrition of it - and so far, it seems to work!
I hope to add these little sillies now and then - to remind myself why I've decided to stay home - and to give ya'll a little chuckle in your day!

1 comments:

Dizzy Vizzy said...

Aww!! Thanks for sharing!! And when you have a bad day - look back at this post and maybe it will give you the boost that you need to get through the day!