? ??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Lo
g in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You never know...

I hate to be so serious - but I suppose when something touches you so deeply, it has to be shared. So here I am... sharing...

Tonight I went to the NCAA Women's game with my dad up at UConn. Even though we had a great night (I'll share later), I'm left with a melancholy feeling that I can't shake. I wish I had more answers, but right now all I can do is hope things turned out for the best.

See, I happened to come across a car accident - a pretty big one. A truck up on a side road, and a Taurus-like car on the right side of the road, facing the wrong way. Lots of police cars, paramedics, fire trucks... sand scattered about to sop up something (gas maybe?)... I never really like looking at car accidents (who can blame me?) but this one left me not wanting to ever look again.

I was about to drive past when a police officer stopped me. It gave me the chance to take in the scene... I happened to stop right next to a green SUV with the back tailgate open. I looked up to notice a man take a car seat from the Taurus, throw it in the SUV, and get in. I had been stopped to let this man leave the scene of the accident. Once he pulled out I was able to go, and ended up behind him all the way to the hospital, where he turned in and I kept going. At one point he had his arm out the window, and I could see his wedding band. I can only conclue that this man was the daddy to the little one in the car seat, and husband to the mom driver...

I checked the news, and as of now there's nothing posted about the accident. I'm hoping that Dad had to get the car seat so he could pick up the little one at daycare, and now they're all home, snuggled on the couch - mom with a little stiff neck, but all of them happy and safe.

I guess my point is this - you never know what's going to happen. And when it's going to happen. I bet these people started their days like any other - and in an instant, it's all changed.

I couldn't help but imagine my own family in this situation. What if I had been in that Taurus, with the boys in the car? How would I have felt if I was hurt and had to be taken away... what would happen to the boys? Where would they go? Who would give them kisses and tell them Mommy will be ok? What if Jake was waiting for mommy at school, and I never came? Or worse yet... what if I was like that Dad... What if *I* got the call that there was an accident and I had to go to the scene to get a car seat like he did, or have to rush to the hospital... Who would comfort them until mommy got there?

I know I can't live my life holed up in my house, with the boys locked in a bubble. But the accident made me think of some things that need to be addressed in my own life - in my home, relationships...

Needless to say, I gave both of the monsters a sweet kiss and gentle back rub as soon as I got home. I left each a little post it that says "I LOVE YOU" next to their pillows (even though they can't read!). And you can bet I'm checking those car seats first thing in the morning...

2 comments:

Dizzy Vizzy said...

Sometimes the reminders that "life is too short" show up when we least expect! HUGS!

Kirsten said...

i think it would have been ok had i not had my accident when i was 16... thankfully, i made sure the boys are safe and secure in their seats.